Monday, October 22, 2012

Writing Spaces: On Ghosts and Ghosting

I wasn't sure what to post to kick off a week of Halloweeny features, and then I saw, on Tor, this wonderful essay by Neil Gaiman about the different kind of ghost stories we experience in our lives. And then I found pictures of Gaiman's "office:" an awesome garden shed/tree house


I love that it is so bright and cheery and snuggled in the woods,
 but I can imagine it's a pretty crazy place to be when it's raining or dreary or, y'know, night.


 Here it is on the inside, all natural wood and messy papers.



Technology does nothing to dispel the shadows at the edge of things. The ghost-story world still hovers at the limits of vision, making things stranger, darker, more magical, just as it always has....

No comments:

Post a Comment