Friday, November 16, 2012

Wrap Up: Turkey Time Edition


I literally can't believe that it will be Thanksgiving in less than a week. Whaaa? Wasn't it just August? I haven't even put away the ice cream maker! But it's true, and this time next week I will be in a happy food coma thanks to my mother-in-law's amazing cooking (seriously: what this woman can do with mashed potatoes...).

That means I'll be taking a blog break next week, and I'll be back again with desks, thoughts, the weekly wrap up, and a review of Code Name Verity starting Nov. 26 (I just had a mini freak out writing that. 26? As in less than a month to Christmas? I'm pretty sure that can't be right).


On to this week's posts!



At PubCrawl, Julie Eshbaugh talks about how to discover the secrets your characters are hiding. Mandy Hubbard discusses the state of the YA market. Jordan Hamessley London breaks down the editor letter from an editor's perspective. And I mentioned this earlier in the week, but it deserves another mention: Marie Lu on her first novel.

Cupid's Literary Connection is hosting another amazing query contest!

Literary Rambles interviewed agent Mary Kole about her new kidlit book and are giving away copies to lucky readers

The Babysitters' Club is coming to e-books! (although I admit, I was more a "Babysitters' little sisters" girl. Karen Two-two 4eva!)

From Writers Beware, a great post by Kfir Luzzatto on how to turn down publishing contracts that don't feel right

Expect more of this discussion coming up: Trish Doller on the rise of the New Adult genre

One more thing


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment