Friday, April 12, 2013

Wrap Up: Little Green Tomatoes Edition


Today was the first day in memory that I woke up from my alarm and not from the puppy whining or jumping up into bed with me* or throwing her toys on the ground (actually, she did wake me up after repeatedly body-slamming her teething rings onto the floor, but I managed to fall asleep again). It was an amazing feeling! Also, I forgot how to turn off my alarm.

For the past year, I've been growing this tomato plant in my apartment. It looks a little funny because it's grown upside down in a giant bucket hanging from the ceiling, and it's so big that it pretty much takes over the whole window. I've been coddling this plant for months now, watering it and lavishing attention on it, and despite a little tag that said it would grow tomatoes within two months, it wasn't until last weekend that I noticed finally, finally, the little yellow flowers had turned into very small, very green tomatoes.

Even though they are probably a loooong way from ending up on our dinner plates, it's lovely to see some signs of spring and growth and green on days when I look outside and see the weather equivalent of uuggghhh.


This week's links!



How to deal with editorial letters? Publishing Crawl has some tips

A bunch of good posts from Rachelle Gardner this week: Literary agents aren't extinct yet, busting publishing myths, and does potential matter?


Every blogging writer (or every blogger) should read this post from Kristin Cashore about keeping your center while blogging



From Publetariat, an essay encouraging hopeful writers to go out and live life instead of spending time in writing classes



Have a great weekend, everyone!



*No, she does not sleep in our bed. On mornings when the husband leaves the apartment before I'm up, we've learned that she whines less if he brings her into the bedroom, where it usually takes her .3 seconds before she leaps onto the bed (it's 4 1/2 feet off the ground, so this is actually pretty impressive).



No comments:

Post a Comment