Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Exciting News!

Whaling! I know SO MUCH about whaling!

If you follow me on Twitter, you've seen this already, but I had to post something on the blog: my first novel, SALT & STORM, will be published by Little, Brown in September 2014!

I am so so thrilled! Aside from the obvious "yay I have a book deeeeaaaaal!!!" I'm so excited to be a part of the Little, Brown family. I think they have some of the best, most interesting, and well-done YA books out there,* and I couldn't have asked for a better home for my first two books.

Also, a big thank you to my fabulous agent, Sara Crowe. She was nothing short of amazing throughout the entire process, and I feel so lucky to have her in my corner.

I know I've been a little...cagey about the specifics of my writing, since I've always felt like this little blog was first and foremost a blog about general YA rather than me. I'll talk a little more about this in the fall (which, holy crap, is in, like, a month and a half), but I'm planning to share more about my writing and my book soon and hopefully give you guys a behind-the-scenes look at life as a debut author.

In the meantime, I have a fancy-schmancy official website that will post info on SALT & STORM as I get it, so check out more there!: www.KendallKulper.com


*My 10 Hidden Gems from the Cybils list counts 3 LB books: How to Save a Life, Perfect Escape, and The Boy Recession; and some of my favorite books are LB: I Hunt Killers, Boy21, The Diviners...)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is wonderful news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more about the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! There's a little blurby thing here: http://kendallkulper.com/salt-storm/ And in the next few weeks I'm sure I'll be posting more!

      Delete
  3. play bazaar kaash tu hoti me tujhko btata seena mera cheer dil tujhko dikhata,
    nibhata waade wo saare jo hatho me lekee hatho m tune kaha tha .
    adat nahi mujhe rone ki par ankho se ansu fisal jate h
    naa karna caahu me baato me aksar tere hee kisse nikal ate h.Satta King

    ReplyDelete