Monday, February 13, 2012

Writing Spaces: A Little Austen Love

Hi there, blog folk. I am feeling at about 60% percent today, after a fun and activity-filled weekend (I tried sushi for the first time! A gay bar no-pants party! Trip to Ikea!) seems to have left me fighting off a cold.

This is one of those colds that worms its way into your brain until you're left feeling fuzzy-headed with no memory of what you wanted to say, which is not the best thing for writing (all last night when I talked to my husband, I would be like "But didn't he go...to...the.......um......never...never mind...."). Also, apparently, writing blog posts...

Anywho, before I send the husband out to buy me a pharmacy, here is today's love-themed writing space: Jane Austen's delicate (and uncomfortable-looking) writing table.

I just hopped onto the Austen bandwagon a few weeks ago, when I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time (although I knew the story from watching Wishbone). It was a lot of fun although I did want to smack Mr. Darcy from time to time (also, Bingley can't make up his mind without his friend telling him? That's a dealbreaker, ladies).
 

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." -Pride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment