Monday, February 11, 2013

Are You There, Judy Blume? It's Me. And I'm In Your Office.

Today's Writing Spaces features everyone's favorite superfudge writer, Judy Blume, a day ahead of her 75th (!!!) birthday.

When I searched for pictures of her office, I thought I'd find stuff like this:

 Cute! Books everywhere! Big smile! That's not her office, though, that's her at a book signing in a library. Because what do you do when you're one of the most beloved children's book writers of all time? You get yourself a ballser house.


This is Judy Blume's actual office, in her gorgeous home in Key West, which was photographed for Architectural Digest (this makes her the first writer so far featured in AD. Get on it, ghost of Mark Twain). It is so lovely and so perfectly Key West--clean white lines, minimalist table, gigantic monitor (complete with Jack Russel terrier desktop).

 Although if I were here, I would probably do most of my "writing" while lounging poolside with my waterproof pen and notebook (that room in the background is her bedroom, and ooooh man am I jealous)

 Happy Birthday Judy Blume!


2 comments:

  1. Such office envy! I absolutely adore Judy Blume. The other day I was finding JUST AS LONG AS WE'RE TOGETHER for a customer and explaining that Judy Blume is on twitter--and is exactly like you would expect Judy Blume to be on twitter.

    She's the genuine article.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check out her twitter :)

      Delete