Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Friendly Reminder

Right now I am deep into my new project, running into road blocks and dead ends with every turn (and, yeah, okay, a few beautifully-manicured, tree-lined streets, too), and the only thing that keeps me from giving up hope is that my brain has never failed to meet a challenge. I know that eventually, I will get a eureka moment. Sometimes it just takes longer than I would like...

That said, I've been thinking about this wonderful quote from John Cleese (while urging my brain to get on with it already). Hope it's as helpful to you as it's been to me!:

This is the extraordinary thing about creativity: If just you keep your mind resting against the subject in a friendly but persistent way, sooner or later you will get a reward from your unconscious.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment