Monday, April 2, 2012

Writing Spaces: National Poetry Month!

It's April, and that means it's also time to celebrate poems, poets, and poetry. In honor of National Poetry Month, today's writing spaces features the desks, shaggy carpets, and comfy chairs of some of my favorite poets. Clicking on the name will bring you to some of their poems; take some time, click through, and enjoy!

Langston Hughes
Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.


You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.


T.S. Eliot
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass



And, of course, the bard himself: William Shakespeare
The quality of mercy is not strain'd.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment